Teaching your children about electricity safety could save their lives. Remind them about these basic rules:
- Stay away from power lines and utility poles.
- Look out for power lines before climbing trees or building tree houses.
- Never try to remove a kite or anything else that gets tangled in a power line.
- Don’t climb on or play near padmount transformer boxes (those big green boxes in your neighborhood). They contain electrical equipment.
- If you see a downed power line, don’t go near it and call 911.
Visit nespower.com/safety_tips.html for more safety tips for your home and family.