As 2019 kicks off, you might be looking for ways to cut back on monthly expenses. If you’re looking to save on your energy bill, there are a few simple steps you can take to lower energy use.
- Turn off your electronics when you don’t need them. Unplugging electronics such as your microwave or TV will reduce unneeded energy use.
- Set your hot water heater to 120 degrees.
- Keep your garage door closed as much as possible. This will help keep cold air out.
You can also find personalized information about your energy use on the NES website.
- Take a quick online do-it-yourself energy audit and receive a free energy-saving kit in the mail.
- Use the PowerWise Bill Analyzer for personalized details about your actual energy usage.
- Get predictable bills month after month based on your average energy usage with Balanced Billing.
Additional energy savings tips and tools can be found on the NES Power website under Ways to Save.