Nashville Electric Service (NES) is making bill pay easier for customers. Customer service is a top priority, and now, paying your electric bill is as easy as sending a text message.
To get started with Text to Pay, follow these easy steps below:
- Register for an NES account online and sign up for NES E-bill.
- From your E-bill dashboard, click on Manage Alerts under Account Management.
- To begin configuring SMS alerts, select at least one type of alert in the SMS column that you would like to receive.
- You will now see a new option to enroll your mobile number. After you click this link, you will be prompted to enter your phone number.
- Verify your mobile number. Upon entering your mobile number, you will be sent a text with a 5-digit PIN code.
- Copy this code into your web browser and click submit. You will now begin to receive your selected SMS alerts.
In addition to Text to Pay, NES also offers several other services to pay your bill.
- NES E-bill – Receive and pay your bill online using your bank account by logging into My Account. Set up automatic payments. No fees ever.
- One-Time Payment – Pay your bill by credit/debit card or bank account. No login required. You will need your NES account number. The $2.25 processing fee will be absorbed by NES until 5/31/2020.
- Pay by Phone – Pay your bill by credit/debit card or bank account. You will need your NES account number. The $2.25 processing fee will be absorbed by NES until 5/31/2020.
- Pay by Mail – Pay your bill by check or money order. Please include the bill stub with your payment in the envelope provided.
- Automatic Transfer (NEAT) – Enable recurring payments so your account is automatically deducted every month. This program is separate from AutoPay with NES E-bill.