Nashville Electric Service (NES) customers are the big winner when it comes to energy savings. They’ve saved more than 26 million kilowatt hours (kWh) last year alone just by taking advantage of various programs and services offered by NES and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).
That’s equivalent to powering 35 NFL football stadiums simultaneously during a big game. We’d call that a touchdown for the home team!
As a result of this impressive performance, TVA recently recognized NES for its efforts to help customers lower their energy usage. Here’s where the savings add up:
• eScore – Homeowners can make their house as energy efficient as possible while earning rebates on upgrades. NES is the first utility in the Valley to reach more than 1.4 million kWh in savings and 19,682 participants.
• Green Power Switch – Customers purchase renewable electricity from resources such as wind, solar and methane gas. NES is second in the Valley with almost 79,000 blocks of renewable energy sold.
• Green Power Providers – This program provides technical support and incentives for customers who generate their own renewable energy. NES is among the top five performers with 22 new systems installed in 2015.
• Do-It-Yourself Energy Audits – Customers learn ways to save by taking a quick online energy survey and receiving a free energy-saving kit in the mail. NES is second overall with more than 1,100 participants.
• Energy Right Solutions for Business – Business customers can receive rebates on high-efficiency lighting and heating and cooling equipment. NES placed second in the Valley for providing energy assessments and incentives for a combined savings of 15.3 million kWh.