Groundhog Day is here! Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow, predicting an early Spring. Whether we see an early Spring or not, here are some energy-saving tips you can rely on all year, no matter the season!
- Take advantage of the sun! Open the curtains on the south-facing side of your apartment or home during the day to naturally heat your home. At night, you can reduce the chill and keep heat in by closing them.
- Look out for drafty windows! To further insulate your home or apartment, place clear plastic sheets or films inside your window frames. If you can, installing insulating drapes, shades or window treatments can also help improve energy efficiency and weatherize your home.
- Adjust your thermostat. Keeping your heating and cooling to 68 degrees and below will help make your home more energy efficient and save money on your energy bills.
- Look to your fireplace. By keeping the damper closed unless your fireplace is in use, you can keep warm air from creeping out during the winter months and keep cold air in during the warmer months.
- Celebrate the holidays with Energy Star certified lights! These lights keep your home festive during holidays while using less energy.
For more energy-saving tips, visit nespowernews.com.