Nashville Electric Service (NES) offers several ways to save with easy tips for customers to reduce their energy use.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room and unplug unused electronics.
- A significant way to reduce energy consumption is to lower the temperature of your water heater to the recommended setting of 120 degrees.
- Keep your thermostat between 76 & 78 degrees on hot summer days and 68 degrees in the winter to keep your energy usage down.
- Have your HVAC system serviced each year to make sure it is working properly.
- Take a quick online do-it-yourself energy auditand receive a free energy-saving kit in the mail.
- Use the PowerWise Bill Analyzerfor personalized details about your actual energy usage.
- Get predictable bills month after month based on your average energy usage with Balanced Billing.
For more useful energy saving tips, visit nespower.com/waystosave.