Whatever the weather conditions outside, our priority is to provide you with energy you can count on. Customers can also arm themselves with bill pay and energy-saving tools to help better manage their energy costs when cold weather attacks.
Powerful Defenses Against High Winter Bills
- With Balanced Billing, you can budget for predictable bills throughout the year based on your average energy usage.
- We also offer a free, online do-it-yourself audit that delivers a personalized report with helpful ways to lower your bill and a free energy-saving kit mailed to your home.
- And, you can use our PowerWise Bill Analyzer for cost-saving recommendations tailored to your actual power usage.
Battle-Tested Energy-Saving Tips
- Since heating your home accounts for about 50 percent of your total bill, adjusting your thermostat can make a big difference. We recommend 68 degrees or lower and throw on a cozy sweater or a pair of warm socks.
- Look into easy solutions like weather-stripping and caulk to prevent cold air from entering your home. The most common places where air leaks occur include doors, attics, windows, plumbing penetrations and electrical outlets.
- Replace your air filter regularly to make sure your heating system is running safely and efficiently.
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the recommended setting of 120° F.
- If you’re ready for an appliance upgrade, be an energy savvy shopper and look for the ENERGY STAR logo before you buy.
If you receive a bill that you know you’re going to have trouble paying on time, we encourage you to contact us right away by calling 615-736-6900. NES can work one-on-one with customers to discuss their payment options. We also partner with several agencies that provide temporary energy assistance, such as Project Help, to elderly, disabled and low-income customers who qualify.