We’re all ready to share the Christmas spirit with family and friends. However, going to great lengths to make your home look festive this time of year could pose a fire risk.
Open our Holiday Safety Infographic to avoid potential hazards as you deck the halls.
- Check each strand of holiday lights and replace any that are damaged.
- When decorating the exterior of your home, only use lights and extension cords that are marked for outdoor use.
- If you have a live tree, be sure to keep the tree stand filled with water to prevent it from drying out.
- Never leave a space heater unattended and keep it away from flammable materials like drapes and upholstered furniture.
- Don’t overload outlets or extension cords. If you notice fuses blowing or circuit breakers tripping, dimming or flickering lights, you may be overworking your system.