October 5 is National Energy Efficiency Day and leading in to the cold winter months is the perfect time to remind customers how to save on monthly power bills.
Nashville Electric Service (NES) offers several ways to save with easy tips for customers to reduce their energy use.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room and unplug unused electronics.
- A significant way to reduce energy consumption is to lower the temperature of your water heater to the recommended setting of 120 degrees.
- Keep your thermostat between 76 & 78 degrees on hot summer days and 68 degrees in the winter to keep your energy usage down.
- Have your HVAC system serviced each year to make sure it is working properly.
- Take a quick online do-it-yourself energy audit and receive a free energy-saving kit in the mail.
- Use the PowerWise Bill Analyzer for personalized details about your actual energy usage.
- Get predictable bills month after month based on your average energy usage with Balanced Billing.
- Energy Savers Workshops are offered throughout the year to help customers reduce their energy use. The workshops are free and open to the public. Detailed information on the Energy Savers Workshops is available at nespower.com.