Middle Tennessee has been feeling the heat in recent days. Since the outside temperature is the largest factor affecting your electric bill, Nashville Electric Service (NES) is reminding customers of easy ways to save on cooling costs during the hot summer months.
- Set your thermostat between 76 and 78 degrees in the summer. Use ceiling fans to keep air flowing when you’re at home.
- Close your shades and curtains during the day to keep the heat and sunlight out.
- Make sure your HVAC system is serviced every year and includes a check on refrigerant levels, compressor, hoses, ductwork and thermostat.
- Clean or replace air filters regularly.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat.
NES offers several Energy Savings and Bill Pay Tools online at nespower.com.
Do-it-Yourself Home Energy Audit: Find out the energy efficiency of your home by taking a quick and easy online energy survey. You’ll receive a free energy-saving kit in the mail.
Balanced Billing: Available to residential customers at the same location for at least 12 months, Balanced Billing is a rolling average of your kilowatt-hour usage that fluctuates minimally based on current month electricity rates. During the 12th month of participation, NES will compare the cost of actual usage to the total amount paid for the year and balance your account.