In the midst of the cold snap, Nashville Electric Service (NES) has the following tips to save energy and stay warm:
- Adjust your thermostat to 68 degrees or lower and bundle up in a cozy sweater, warm socks or a blanket.
- Set your water heater’s temperature at 120° F.
- Keep your garage door closed to buffer colder outdoor air from trickling into your home.
- Use exhaust fans sparingly to avoid pulling extra warm air out of your home.
- Open your curtains or blinds during the day to allow natural sunlight to heat your home.
- If you haven’t already, weather-strip and caulk your home where air leaks might occur to prevent cold air from entering your home.
- Replace your air filter regularly so your heating system runs safely and efficiently.
NES recommends enabling text messaging through your online account, so you can quickly report a power outage by texting “OUT” to 637797 (NESPWR). You can also call 615-234-0000 to report an outage.
If you’re having trouble paying your bill, call NES customer service at 615-736-6900 to speak with a customer service representative.